Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mascots don't talk but they sure know how to write!









Every one knows that mascots don't talk. Mascots are the American Kabuki. However, we just sent a mascot out into the world who is turning into a voracious writer.
Today I got an email from Little Jake, the mascot for E&B Paving.

Enjoy Jake's first epistle:
Dear Jennifer and Amy:

I made lots of new friends today when I visited E&B's corporate headquarters in Anderson. The CEO and VPs really thought I looked kind of sexy even if my coveralls made my butt look big, the staff enjoyed it when I visited their offices and swapped high-fives, Chuck read a speech about how I'm now part of E&B's branding (I didn't understand what he was talking about because I have no brain...just foam), and Jason made sure that all of my whopper snaps were securely fastened and that my hard hat didn't mess up my hair. It really was a lot of fun, especially having a valet at my disposal to help me get dressed and walk through the hallways.

So now that I've come out of the closet (or perhaps more appropriately "out of the duffel bags"), the guys from E&B think I'm going to turn some heads at upcoming events. They already have me scheduled to attend a golf outing on Thursday, a 4th of July parade and some other events. Geez! What's a mascot to do for a little rest and relaxation! I mean, c'mon, I know I'm one foam-filled fun machine, but even a guy like me needs to kick back and enjoy a refreshing beverage every now and then...oops, maybe not...on second thought, refreshing beverages make you want to pee and I have no zipper and then there'd be a mess and Jennifer would need to make me a new set of coveralls and...OK, I'll stop now cuz you get the picture.

Anyway, thanks for all of your help in bringing me to life.

Your Pal,

Little Jake

No comments:

Post a Comment